ADSM-L

Re: file inspection times

2002-10-09 15:15:52
Subject: Re: file inspection times
From: "Talafous, John G." <Talafous AT TIMKEN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 15:15:23 -0400
Have a look at journal based backups on the TSM client.  It is new with TSM
4.2.  This new service records changes to files on the client as they are
being made. Then, with this information available, the journal directs the
backup process and the client does not have to review every file it has to
determine what to backup. Real neat for clients like yours!

John G. Talafous
Information Systems Technical Principal
Global Software Support - Data Management
telephone:  (330)-471-3390
e-mail:     talafous AT timken DOT com
http://www.ctnvm.inside.tkr/~talafous/
http://www.cis.corp.inside.tkr/networkstorage/