ADSM-L

TDP for Domino NT services

2002-10-09 06:38:29
Subject: TDP for Domino NT services
From: Marc Lowers <Marc.R.Lowers AT GSK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 11:36:09 +0100
We run TDP for Domino and TSM backups on NT4 servers.  We have a problem
with the TSM backup that appears to ignore the options file during
backups.  The backup should only be backing up a small amount of data,
around about 5Mb, instead it will backup up to 6Gb!

I think the problem may come from the fact that the NT nodename and the
Domino name are identical.  Once the server is rebooted and the next
backup takes place the problem occurs.  If I restart the NT services the
problem seems to be solved.

We have three services set up on the client for Transaction log backups
and TDP incremental backups (which point to one options file) and a TSM
backup service (which looks at a separate options file).

Does anyone have an explanation for why I have to restart the services for
the backup to start correctly?

TSM 4.1.2
TDP for Domino 1.1.

Marc.