ADSM-L

Expected throughput rate for space reclamation

2002-10-08 18:36:37
Subject: Expected throughput rate for space reclamation
From: "Brazner, Bob" <Bob.Brazner AT JCI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 17:34:24 -0500
We are achieving 30GB/hour doing our tape-to-tape storage pool backup and
are happy with that rate.  With this in mind, what do you feel would be an
acceptable rate for tape-to-tape space reclamation?  I realize that every
hardware configuration is different and different shops have different
constrained resources, but I'm hoping some of you have some rules-of-thumb
as to how tape stgpool backup typically compares to tape stgpool
reclamation.

Bob Brazner
Johnson Controls, Inc.
(414) 524-2570