ADSM-L

Backup Storagepool using Virtual-volumes

2002-10-08 06:30:51
Subject: Backup Storagepool using Virtual-volumes
From: "Ilja G. Coolen" <ilja.coolen AT ABP DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 12:30:40 +0200
Hi there,

We've been experimenting with virtual volumes, being used for backup
storagepools.
The thing we notice is that on the destination server there's no expiration
or deletion of the created volumes
after we delete the copy storagepool volumes on the source server. The
volumes in the destination server stay filled and defined.

I cannot delete the source-server's filespaces on the destination server
because it's nodetype is server, but i was able to delete the node itself,
even when references to it exist.

I'm having trouble finding some decent documentation on virtual-volumes when
using them for backup storagepools.
Can anyone of you guys or girls enlighten me?

Met vriendelijke groet,

Ilja G. Coolen

ABP / USZO
CIS / BS / TB / Storage Management
Telefoon: +31(0)45  579 7938
Fax: +31(0)45  579 3990
Email: ilja.coolen AT abp DOT nl
Centrale Mailbox: Centrale Mailbox - BS Storage         (eumbx05)

- Everybody has a photographic memory, some just don't have film. -