ADSM-L

TDP and proper way to define "objects"

2002-10-07 09:06:55
Subject: TDP and proper way to define "objects"
From: "Villegas, Beatrice" <bvillegas AT ADT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 07:04:47 -0600
Hello,

We have installed TDP for Exchange on one of our servers and created a
"schedule" specifically for the Exchange piece like it says in the manual.

We also created the "schedule" on the TSM server (AIX). The schedule backup
has never run since we created it and it failes with RC=1. If we run the
Exchange "cammnad.cmd" file manually on the NT, the backup runs. It just
does not run through the scheduler.

My question, when I set the schedule on the TSM server I used "" for the
Object= parameter; something like this:

Object="d:\program files\tsm\tdpexchange\exchange.cmd"

Should I have put "quotations" for the "program files" piece?

Am I missing something else? Permissions? Users?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Beatriz