ADSM-L

Re: UPDATE Help setting up a MS cluster

2002-10-03 12:32:18
Subject: Re: UPDATE Help setting up a MS cluster
From: John Coffman <JCoffman AT MCG-INS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 11:16:38 -0500
Have you tried force password reset. Update node, leave the password field
blank and put the check in the "YES"  force password reset click finish.
wait a couple of minutes. Update node and fill in password then click
finish. Open the TDP client and it should prompt for Node name and
password.

                    Bruce Kamp
                    <bkamp AT MHS DOT NET       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                    >                    cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     UPDATE Help setting up a
MS cluster
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MAR
                    IST.EDU>

                    10/03/2002
                    07:32 AM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

I have tried both suggestions but neither has worked.
I even tried completely removing all services uninstalling the 5.1.1.5
client & going back to the 5.1.1.0 client.
I have tried deleting the password out of the registry but nothing seems to
be able to update the password.
The password always show's '2' when I run dsmcutil showpw.
I opened a call with Tivoli but they could not suggest anything new.....
One thing I was wondering was that I named the nodes for the cluster
resources IDXRADCXR-A & IDXRADCXR-B.  Could the problem be the - in the
node
name?

Thanks,
Bruce Kamp