ADSM-L

Question about database fragmentation

2002-10-02 10:03:05
Subject: Question about database fragmentation
From: Farren Minns <fminns AT WILEY.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 14:46:48 +0100
Hi All

I wonder who can help me with this. Does the database become very
fragmented over time? If so, is there any way of telling how much? Also, is
the only fix for this to do a dump and reload of the database?

If the answer to the final question is yes, how easy are dump/reloads?

We recently upgraded from TSM 3.7.3.8 to 4.2.2.12 and had to run an auditdb
first (which completed without any problems).

Many thanks in advance

All the best

Farren Minns - TSM and Solaris System Admin - John Wiley and Sons Ltd

Our Chichester based offices have amalgamated and relocated to a new
address

John Wiley & Sons Ltd
The Atrium
Southern Gate
Chichester
West Sussex
PO19 8SQ

Main phone and fax numbers remain the same:
Phone +44 (0)1243 779777
Fax   +44 (0)1243 775878
Direct dial numbers are unchanged

Address, phone and fax nos. for all other Wiley UK locations are unchanged