ADSM-L

Re: Help! Problems restoring files of a dead AIX client on another system (adsm 3.1 2.90)

2002-10-02 07:38:45
Subject: Re: Help! Problems restoring files of a dead AIX client on another system (adsm 3.1 2.90)
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <DWIGHT.E.COOK AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 04:34:12 -0700
What client level was "Barney" ?  (and what level is Fred ?)
If Barney was higher than the code on "Fred" then yes, natrually Fred can't
see anything for Barney (from Barney)...
Also ADSM isn't rated for AIX 4.3.3... (have to get in the standard IBM
answer there ;-) )

I would try going into the dsm.sys file and making a SErver entry of
SErver BarneyAsFred
tcpserveraddress FRED
node BARNEY
<rest of stuff...>

then do a (if you must use the GUI, I'd use the command line though)

dsm -serv=barneyasfred

that should work, but if it doesn't try the command line (dsmc)
in the old days the GUI had lots of odd little quirks that made me never,
ever, use it !

Dwight