ADSM-L

Re: Discussion: 1 server sched for all vs 1 for each node

2002-09-30 07:07:53
Subject: Re: Discussion: 1 server sched for all vs 1 for each node
From: Tomás Hrouda <throuda AT HTD DOT CZ>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 12:09:01 +0200
Hi Markus,

by my opinion you must not make extra schedules for simple clients, because
files are migrated form diskpool "per node" at the time. If several
migrations occured during backups, I thing your diskpool is too small. It
will be better to increase its size to achieve one migration process after
all backups and client's data will be grouped by nodes during migration at
the same tape without using of collocation. Whole backup window will be
usable for all clients and save your backup time and better use all
resources (net, server power ...etc.). Moreover, dividing schedules per
clients you cannot ensure that only one client will access the server at the
time, if backup will be longer then his startup window.

Hope this helps.

Wiht best regards
Tom