ADSM-L

Re: Requirement for licence data collection

2002-09-29 08:28:35
Subject: Re: Requirement for licence data collection
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 13:58:46 +0300
As we can see ITSM 5.1 internal license validation is still in old
MgSysLAN,MgSysSAN,TDP for XXX, etc. scheme. I can bet a beer 6-pack that
this is marketing decision to change licensing scheme short before 9-th
April announcement. Development either was not notified or it was too late
to allocate resources for such a change.
Change from tier-based to processor-based licensing was for nearly all
Tivoli products. Only small part of Tivoli product portfolio was not
renamed to IBM Tivoli <something> and kept its existing licensing scheme.
As we all have seen only six week after announcement new ITSM
processor-based licensing was put in the fridge for re-work and came out
in last days of August changed to increase the mess :-(((
Let's hope in v5.2 (or whatever number it will be) we will have this
corrected.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Steve Harris <Steve_Harris AT HEALTH.QLD.GOV DOT AU>
30.08.2002 02:50