ADSM-L

Re: NDMP support in TSM

2002-09-27 15:37:48
Subject: Re: NDMP support in TSM
From: Bob Booth - UIUC <booth AT UIUC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 14:28:31 -0500
Well, we are in the same boat, however, Mirapoint does not support TSM either,
no matter what they have told you.  Depending on how you want to do backups,
you will not be able to restore individual mailboxes until both support
NDMP V4, which is not planned for quite some time.

I hope you have tried to do a test backup and restore (we use RMT, since we
don't have a tape drive attached to our Mirapoint box).  At 3.2 GA, we can't
do restores at all...  Don't get me started.

bob