ADSM-L

Export/Import with virtual volumes

2002-09-27 14:57:35
Subject: Export/Import with virtual volumes
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 14:51:51 -0400
I've been playing around with export/import using server-2-server virtual
volumes with some success. We have be migrating one of our clients off OS390
to AIX TSM server..so I wanted to be prepared.

I was able to export from TEST1 to TEST2, and then import into TEST2 with no
problems. But now I want to delete the virtual volumes since I'm done with
them. I did a DEL VOLH T=EXPORT TOD=TODAY and it reported that 2 volumes
were deleted. But when I query on TEST2 I still see the archive objects in
the storage pool. The DEL VOLH seems to have removed the Volumehistory
records, but didn't delete the archive objects.

I ran RECONCILE VOLUMES and it said no problems. I ran EXPIRE INVENTORY on
both servers and nothing was expired.

How do I make sure that the archive objects related to the export volumes
are deleted from the TEST2 server?????

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.