ADSM-L

Phantom restore causing backup problem

2002-09-27 11:44:00
Subject: Phantom restore causing backup problem
From: Nancy Reeves <Nancy.Reeves AT WICHITA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 10:18:50 -0500
I have a node that fails during it's backup because it thinks a file is in
use/active in a restore. Both the node and the TSM server do not show any
restores running or restartable restores waiting. The activity logs shows
the following message right before the stats for the client node:
        09/27/02 00:20:16     ANR9999D sminv.c(2002): Duplicate object
encountered during import or rename.
The client schedule log has: ANS1248E An active restore for the same
source file specification exists. Unable to continue with this request.
The client error log has: Findabortstate Unknown abort #32 from the server

Any ideas?

(This started happening 8/31 and presumably every day since then including
yesterday. The server was last started on 9/16. The client was rebooted
this morning, and it happened again this morning after the reboot.)
TSM server 4.1.0.0 for AIX (4.3), TSM client 4.1.0.0 for Netware (5.0)

Nancy Reeves
Technical Support, Wichita State University
Nancy.Reeves AT wichita DOT edu          316-978-3860

p.s. Thanks for the help with our XP clients and the SYSTEM OBJECT, we
have changed the domain option on the client to list the drives (just C:
is needed) instead of domain=all local and we no longer get the SYSTEM
OBJECT backed up.