ADSM-L

Re: TDP for MSSQL Backups failing

2002-09-27 11:44:03
Subject: Re: TDP for MSSQL Backups failing
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 11:27:06 -0400
> TSM Client:  4.2.1.32
> TDP for MSSQL Client:  2.2.0.1
> Client Platform:  Windows 2000 SP2 running SQL 2000 SP2
>
> When attempting to perform a TDP backup to the TSM Server (v4.2.1.15) we
> get error 402 and the backup fails.  The same problem is experienced on
> other clients running Windows NT4.0 SP6a and SQL 7.0 SP2/3/4.
>
> It appears to be some kind of memory issue but trying to track it down is
> proving difficult.  I am unsure as yet whether it is a TDP or SQL
problem.

> Has anyone else experienced this problem?  Do you have any suggestions as
> to what I could try?

Andrew,

You may want to try the latest version of TDP for SQL (2.2.1).

This isn't much to go by. "RC=402" is a general error code.
Can you paste just a few lines of the the the "errors"
from the TDP for SQL log file (default tdpsql.log)?

Have backups ever worked on this machine?

If you need help gathering more problem diagnosis
information, please call IBM support.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

- Never cut what can be untied.
- Commit yourself to constant improvement.