ADSM-L

Re: Disk volumes

2002-09-27 06:38:39
Subject: Re: Disk volumes
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 10:38:24 +0300
I expect 2104 means IBM thus AIX not Solaris TSM Server, right. If so you
are in different state. The problem with "1 MB/s" is widely discussed on
this list as related to Solaris TSM server using Veritas filesystems (both
!!). AIX with JFS is another story and the performance gain will not be so
big. Yes, for max performance I am setting up for customers TSM
DB/Log/diskpools to reside on raw LVs instead of filesystems but JFS
performs very good too.
You can try raw volumes but do not expect 20x boost ,-)

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

"Johnn D. Tan" <jdtan AT MED.CORNELL DOT EDU>
27.09.2002 00:35