ADSM-L

Re: TSM Encryption

2002-09-26 19:39:30
Subject: Re: TSM Encryption
From: Jim Smith <smithjp AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 15:55:41 -0700
Jim,

I would recommend that you open a requirement against the product for
stronger encryption.  By the way, what are the HIPAA requirements as they
relate to data encryption?  Are these well documented?

Thanks,
Jim Smith
TSM development

Hello Jim

Follow up question,

Can you ask if there is anyway for us to get clients that do stronger
encryption, eg tripledes?  If not, are there plans in the future to offer
strong encryption?  This relates to the HIPAA requirements that are
coming.

Thanks again.
Jim Sporer