ADSM-L

Re: Withdrawal of 3570 Magstar

2002-09-26 18:11:08
Subject: Re: Withdrawal of 3570 Magstar
From: "Reiss David IT751 (ext-CDI)" <david.reiss AT SIEMENS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 16:46:16 -0400
Accually, every now and again I used to see 3570 CLX tapes get about 60 GB
on them compressed.  But that was only for storage pools made up entirely of
Solaris machines.  Never really understood that, except to think that
Solaris is real weird in places.

Normally, I was lucky to get 13 GB on CXL tapes.

But then, 357X hardware normally stinks.  Had a 3575 that used to break on a
weekly basis.

David N. Reiss
TSM Support Engineer
david.reiss AT swpc.siemens DOT com