ADSM-L

Re: Netware Clustering

2002-09-26 09:27:47
Subject: Re: Netware Clustering
From: Jim Kirkman <jmk AT EMAIL.UNC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 09:19:01 -0400
John,

We are backing up a 3 node NW5 cluster (soon to be NW6) with TSM client 5.1
going to TSM Server 4.1.4.2 on OS\390. Having said that (and this is getting
to be old news) TSM does NOT currently support Netware clustering. At one
time I was told to expect support in the 5.1.4(?) NW client due this fall but
don't know if that's still planned or not.

Problems revolve around the client not recognizing volume failover and
inability to backup the _NETWARE/TRUSTMIG.FIL. There is also a TID from
Novell on how to configure a Netware 6 server for ADSM and non cluster aware
backup systems. It  is # 10065605. The most current TSA's from Novell are
packaged as tsa5up10 but I think one of the problems in Novell needs to
rewrite the tsa's to interact correctly with TSM.

Hope this helps.

--
Jim Kirkman
AIS - Systems