ADSM-L

Re: archiving with different management classes

2002-09-26 09:19:18
Subject: Re: archiving with different management classes
From: "MC Matt Cooper (2838)" <Matt.Cooper AT AMGREETINGS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 09:16:57 -0400
Kurt,
        I have the exact same requirements.   I solved the problem by
putting the management class in the schedule options.   You can not override
the DSM.OPT file used through the scheduler.  It will use the one that was
in effect when the client scheduler started.   The schedule I run is listed
below.  The -archmc=7yeararch  declares the management class to use.
Matt

Policy Domain Name      NTPOLICY1
Schedule Name   YEARLY-ARCH-NT1-USCLES324
Description     yearly archival of uscles324
Action  ARCHIVE
Options -archmc=7yeararch -subdir=yes
Objects f:\*.* E:\CA_APPSW
Priority        5
Start date      2002-02-22
Start time      23:00:00
Duration        1
Duration units  HOURS
Period  12
Period units    MONTHS
Day of Week     THURSDAY
Expiration      -
Last Update Date/Time   2002-02-28 07:54:15.000000
Last Update by (administrator)  ADMIN
Managing profile        -