ADSM-L

AUTOMOUNT options file option?

2002-09-25 20:41:14
Subject: AUTOMOUNT options file option?
From: "Thomas A. La Porte" <tlaporte AT ANIM.DREAMWORKS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 17:37:45 -0700
Has anybody successfully used the AUTOMOUNT option in a client
options file, along with the 'DOMAIN all-auto-nfs' statement?

Regardless of what I choose in my AUTOMOUNT directive, I receive
the following error message:

09/25/02   16:55:21 Filesystem /studio/sin/mstr/general is no
automounted filesystem, ignoring option automount for this
filesystem.

As can be seen from the mnttab file, this is indeed an
automounted filesystem:

# grep /studio/sin/mstr /etc/mnttab
auto.studio-sin-mstr    /studio/sin/mstr        autofs
indirect,ignore,dev=428012b     1032470327

I get the same behavior on an TSM 4.2 client on Irix, TSM 5.1 on
Solaris, and TSM 4.2 and 5.2 on Linux.

I have also tried it for my home directory 'AUTOMOUNT
/usr/home/tlaporte' with similar results.

For what, exactly, is the AUTOMOUNT directive looking?

The frustrating point is that

'dsmc incr -domain="/usr/home/tlaporte"' seems to work fine, and
a query of that node reports a filespace type of NFS3.

Thanks for anybody's thoughts or experiences on the matter.

 -- Tom

Thomas A. La Porte, DreamWorks SKG
<mailto:tlaporte AT anim.dreamworks DOT com>