ADSM-L

Re: Help!!!!!!!! What does <CLEANUP BACKUPGROUP> do????????

2002-09-25 17:48:43
Subject: Re: Help!!!!!!!! What does <CLEANUP BACKUPGROUP> do????????
From: John Underdown <johnunderdown AT STI.SYNOVUS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 17:42:09 -0400
This took 5 hours on a 16 GB database.

TSM Server Diagnostic: Server: SFC-TSM1 ANR9999D imutil.c(3983): ThreadId<30>
CLEANUP BACKUPGROUPS evaluated 8797 groups and deleted 2118 orphan groups with
2088458 group members deleted..

>>> Joel Fuhrman <joelf AT cac.washington DOT edu> 09/25/02 12:39PM >>>
Like you, I could not find any documentation but I didn't look very hard
since Tivoli support told me to run it to solve a problem.  On 5.1.1.4 the
first run took about 1 hour on my 10 GB database.  I didn't check for
changes in the db size, so I don't know if the db size was reduced.  I
finally ran had to run AUDITDB FIX=YES to clean up the mess.  Be sure your
server is 5.1.1.6.