ADSM-L

W2K Missing Files

2002-09-25 06:55:01
Subject: W2K Missing Files
From: Christoph Pilgram <Christoph.Pilgram AT BC.BOEHRINGER-INGELHEIM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 12:54:34 +0200
Hi all,

I have a strange Problem with our W2K-Servers : TSM-Client 4.2.0.0
When starting an interactive Backup-Session I select some Files out of the
explorer-like window for backup (e.g. KERNEL32.DLL from winnt\system32 ).
I start the backup session and it completes without error, but all object
counter say "0" . The file was not backed up. But then when I go back to the
backup-window this selected files and a lot more are not displayed anymore
in the file-selection in the directory \winnt\system32.
And I don't find any restorable version of these files, so thei never were
backed up.

Does anybody have seen this behaviour on his system ? Any explanation ?

Thanks

Chris
( Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma KG )