ADSM-L

Re: Servergraph & TSM on solaris-2.8

2002-09-24 13:34:10
Subject: Re: Servergraph & TSM on solaris-2.8
From: "Mr. Lindsay Morris" <lmorris AT SERVERGRAPH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 13:29:26 -0400
For the record - we're innocent!
dsmadmc -console sometimes crashes this release of TSM on Solaris.
We are unrepentant in our use of dsmadmc -console.
We have Servergraph installed at maybe 100 other sites, and have never seen
this happen before.

TSM says it's a known problem: I quote from Tivoli support:
> It appears that one of these console sessions was starting, but
encountered an error
> causing it to be closed. Somehow when we attempt to close the session
> during this sequence of events, an invalid memory reference is made
> causing the server to core dump.
>
> This appears to be a defect in the TSM Server, and I will be pursuing
> this with development.

Just for the record.
Mr. Lindsay Morris
Lead Architect, Servergraph