ADSM-L

Re: Time for IMPORT with TSM 4.2.2 ???

2002-09-22 12:44:17
Subject: Re: Time for IMPORT with TSM 4.2.2 ???
From: Justin Bleistein <justin.bleistein AT SUNGARD DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 12:39:05 -0400
import will usually take significantly longer then an export, because with
an import it's constantly opening database indexes and creating rows. Plus
the tape drive maybe a huge bottleneck as well as the disk attributes of
your destination storage pool for the import (if it's disk).

--Justin

                      Jesper Bidstrup
                      <JEBI AT ETERRA DOT DK>         To:       ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          cc:
                      Dist Stor                Subject:  Time for IMPORT with
TSM 4.2.2 ???
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      09/22/2002 11:29
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Hey "out there"

Have anyone any experinces in how long time IMPORT'ing data for a node
takes ??

We are using a IBM3583 wiht ULtirum drives. ( 50GB/hour )
on a Windows2000 platform
The EXPORT was about 7 hour and that is ok for 320GB of data ( 4 tapes
compressed)
This is our first BIG IMPORT, so I dont know what to expect ???

Is there any parameter settings witch coud incresse the IMPORT time ??

Tanks to all the great TSM-Guru's !!
/Jesper Bidstrup
eterra