ADSM-L

TSM Retrieve ends with no action

2002-09-20 07:35:49
Subject: TSM Retrieve ends with no action
From: "Smith, Bob" <bob.smith AT EDS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 11:36:47 +0100
We are having a problem with retrieving a file from TSM archive. Basically,
the retrieve command is issued and we are simply returned to the TSM prompt,
eg

>tsm retrieve /prod1/archive.tar  /prod1/recovery/
>tsm

There are no error messages on TSM client or TSM server, nothing aborts etc.
There are no OS messages in any log. Server is HP-UX 11.0 TSM 4.2.2.10 and
client is HP-UX 11.0 TSM 4.2.1.0. If we run a trace we do see the following
messages, but don't know whether they are relevant:

rpDoIt: About to restore 1 files
Retrieve processing starting...
dsmNFSsyscall lstat for path /prod1/recovery/
RestoreFile: Server aborted sub-transaction. Reason code: 5
ProcessFile: Got rc: 5

Anyone seen this problem on TSM?

Thanks