ADSM-L

How to find obsolete filespaces?

2002-09-19 11:25:59
Subject: How to find obsolete filespaces?
From: Gerhard Rentschler <g.rentschler AT RUS.UNI-STUTTGART DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 17:24:48 +0200
Hi,
filespaces which no longer exist on the node will stay on the server
forever. As they may consume considerable resources on tape and in the
database, we regularly try to find such filespaces and ask the owner whether
they can be deleted or not. We use the field "Last Backup Start date/time"
of "q filespace f=d" or the corresponding field in the filespaces table.
Unfortunately, I learned from responses to a mail earlier this week that
this field is not always updated (for example not by selective backups).
Is there another way to find out obsolete filespaces?
Best regards
Gerhard

---
Gerhard Rentschler            email:g.rentschler AT rus.uni-stuttgart DOT de
Regional Computing Center     tel.   ++49/711/685 5806
University of Stuttgart       fax:   ++49/711/682357
Allmandring 30a
D 70550
Stuttgart
Germany