ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.1.1 Win2000 server reboot

2002-09-19 08:52:39
Subject: Re: TSM 5.1.1 Win2000 server reboot
From: Halvorsen Geirr Gulbrand <gehal AT WMDATA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 10:49:53 +0200
Hi Kurt.
Sorry I don't have anything further than maybe check if there has been any
ADSMSCSI and ADPU160M errors in the system event log, say the last hour
before the server dies. (Not necessarily right before crash.) Also check if
there are any newer Ultrium Device Drivers from IBM.
In my previous experience with this, I always had som of these errors also.
Another option - tedious and perhaps difficult (haven't tried it myself),
would be to contact Tivoli (or ADSM.ORG ;-)) for help on tracing the TSM
server, to see if there are any special actions taking place, causing the
reboot. I'm thinking it has to do with something in this direction --> Tsm
Server - TSM Device Driver - Adaptec Driver - Ultrium Driver.  If you can do
a trace, you will perhaps be able to se what the last actions are before
serverdown.

Rgds.
Geirr G. Halvorsen