ADSM-L

Re: Réf. : Re: Backup reporting

2002-09-18 17:32:51
Subject: Re: Réf. : Re: Backup reporting
From: Rejean Larivee <rlarivee AT CA.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 18:31:52 -0300
Hello,
there is still a problem with the number of bytes
reported in the summary table for sessions that get
dropped and restarted. There is apar IC34462 on this
subject. This apar is currently opened and does not
have a fix/patch just yet.
It would be a good idea to open a pmr like you said
so we can confirm this is indeed what you are subject
to. The output from the summary table and the
activity log covering the involved session start/end
will be required.

Rejean Larivee
IBM ITSM Level 2 Support

                      Guillaume Gilbert

                      <guillaume.gilbert@DESJ        To:       ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      ARDINS.COM>                    cc:

                      Sent by: "ADSM: Dist           Subject:  Réf. : Re:
Backup reporting
                      Stor Manager"

                      <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

                      09/18/2002 04:27 PM

                      Please respond to

                      "ADSM: Dist Stor

                      Manager"

I'm at level 4.2.2.12 of the server on AIX and the summary table problems
are still there. I am currently writing a PMR on this.

Guillaume Gilbert
CGI Canada

Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 2002-09-18 15:10:13

Veuillez répondre à "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

Envoyé par :   "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

Pour :    ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc :
Objet :   Re: Backup reporting

There was a problem where the bytes transferred in the summary table as
zero. It has been fixed in later patch levels. I'm not sure what the APAR
number is or the level where it was fixed.

If you need this data, turn on the accounting records. There is an
additional field "Amount of backup files, in kilobytes, sent by the client
to the server" in addition to the "Amount of data, in kilobytes,
communicated between the client node and the server during the session".
The
bytes communicated is the total bytes transferred and includes and
re-transmissions/retries. I believe the "Amount of backup files, in
kilobytes, sent by the client to the server" is just what was sent AND
stored in TSM.

I haven't fully looked into this, but if I'm trying to get a total for the
amount of data backed up I would be using this field as opposed to the
bytes
transmitted field. Something for me to add to my Honey-Do list..:-)

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.