ADSM-L

Admin User Problem after New Install

2002-09-17 11:43:27
Subject: Admin User Problem after New Install
From: rs6000 <rs6000 AT BTINTERNET DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 15:52:52 +0100
Hi All

After installing all the TSM 5.1 server filesets on AIX 4.3.3 I have a few
issues.
The default DB and Log files have not been created, nor has the dsmserv.dsk
file been added into /usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin directory. I have made sure
that the /usr filesystem is not full etc.

The other odd one is that after starting the Server I cannot connect as the
admin user. If I try and connect using a browser it rejects the login attempt
with:
ANR0459W Signon for administrator ADMIN refused - invalid administrator name
and/or password submitted.

I then try and update the admin user using: update admin admin admin and get
the following error:
ANR2017I Administrator SERVER_CONSOLE issued command: UPDATE ADMIN admin ?***?

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks
John