ADSM-L

Re: tcp/ip connection failure

2002-09-16 08:54:08
Subject: Re: tcp/ip connection failure
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 07:49:44 -0500
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
Senthil Odaiyappan
> Which account do you use to start the service??. i had this problem when i
> use the system account after changing it an admin account the problem was
> solved.

This is not particularly good advice. 99% of the TSM installation I've run
across are run with System privileges (Windows) or root privileges (*NIX)
with no problems whatsoever. (Unless you count environments where the
Windows administrator blissfully insists on removing System privileges from
some/all files.)

Certified TSM consultant
Certified AIX system engineer
MCSE