ADSM-L

job opportunity & Windows XP system object

2002-09-13 14:08:05
Subject: job opportunity & Windows XP system object
From: Nancy Reeves <Nancy.Reeves AT WICHITA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 13:06:36 -0500
I hope this isn't against list etiquette... I have heard of a TSM opening
in the Kansas City area. I am happy where I am now, so I thought I would
pass on the information.

If interested, call Andrew Alldredge of Page Technologies (the recruiter)
at 800-717-0606.

Also...
Is there a way to exclude the system object from being backed up on
Windows XP clients? Server is TSM 4.1.0.0 for AIX. Client is TSM 4.2.1.15
for Windows. I just want to back up a specific directory but get the
system object every time also. There is an "include systemobject" to be
used for selecting management class, but there is no "exclude
systemobject". So I schedule an admin command to run a script that deletes
them after the backups finish. Lots of wasted i/o and cpu, but at least my
storage pool gets back to normal (instead of > 1G per client over time).
Any ideas?

Nancy Reeves
Technical Support, Wichita State University
Nancy.Reeves AT wichita DOT edu          316-978-3860