ADSM-L

Re: Direct archiving of DB2/SAP R3 logs to TSM

2002-09-12 02:20:04
Subject: Re: Direct archiving of DB2/SAP R3 logs to TSM
From: MUSTAFA BAYTAR <mustafa.baytar AT EFESPILSEN.COM DOT TR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 09:14:23 +0300
Hi Lindy ,

use db2adutl query logs command to see logs
and db2adutl EXTRACT  LOGS BETWEEN S0xxxxx and S0xxxxx
to restore them

                      "Crawford,
                      Lindy"                   To:      ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                      <lcrawford@BOECO         cc:      (bcc: MUSTAFA
BAYTAR/BILSIS/ANADOLU)
                      RP.CO.ZA>                Subject: Direct archiving of
DB2/SAP R3 logs to TSM
                      Sent by: "ADSM:
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      T.EDU>

                      12.09.2002 08:50
                      Please respond
                      to "ADSM: Dist
                      Stor Manager"

Hi TSMers,

Please could you assist me. We have set up db2 to archive the logs directly
to TSM instead of to a filesystem. The problem I am faced with now is I am
not sure how to retrieve these files.....do you use TSM or DB2 to retrieve
them and where will it put the log files????

Any ideas.....

Regards.

> Lindy Crawford
> Business Solutions: IT
> BoE Corporate
>
> *      +27-31-3642185
 <<...OLE_Obj...>>  +27-31-3642946
         lcrawford AT boecorp.co DOT za <mailto:lcrawford AT boecorp.co DOT za>

WARNING:
Any unauthorised use or interception of this email is illegal. If this email
is not intended for you, you may not copy, distribute nor disclose the
contents to anyone. Save for bona fide company matters, BoE Ltd does not
accept any responsibility for the opinions expressed in this email.
For further details please see: http://www.boe.co.za/emaildisclaimer.htm