ADSM-L

Re: Exchange backup failing with undocumented message

2002-09-09 14:11:21
Subject: Re: Exchange backup failing with undocumented message
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 14:09:35 -0400
> Del, how can I get the proper values to use, we are in production and we
> cannot just try/retry. Actually we use buffers=3, buffersize=1024
>
> Should I ask Microsoft for explanation about the message  "The specified
> network name is no longer available" ?
>
> Lastly, what about the modification in the TSM Message manual ?

René,

3,1024 should be fine.  If there are problems with the
Information Store not freeing resources, going to
Microsoft is a good direction. I have seen this
problem before (especially in an MSCS setup).
In the case of the MSCS situation, Microsoft
issued a hotfix to resolve it. Many times Microsoft
support has problems recreating in house,
and when they use NTBACKUP, it does not
fail near as often because it uses such small buffers.
(NTBACKUP uses an equivalent of 1,64.)

As far as the TSM message issue... I will look into it.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

- Never cut what can be untied.
- Commit yourself to constant improvement.