ADSM-L

Re: BareMetalRestore

2002-09-06 16:03:19
Subject: Re: BareMetalRestore
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 11:36:48 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: Miles Purdy [mailto:PURDYM AT FIPD.GC DOT CA]
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2002 8:39 AM
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
>Why should IBM make a BMR product for windows? Why doesn't microsoft?

You want another Microsoft product?

Since IBM already has this product they expect people to purchase, because
it backs up servers, isn't it logical for people to want, and some to expect
(me NOT being one of them but those who backup servers to TSM do), a bare
metal restore capability? Evidently TKG thought so and made something that
not only worked with TSM but also worked with Microsoft, or so I'm told
anyway, and other platforms. They must have talked to someone in all of
these places to create this product, so why is it that IBM and Microsoft
can't both figure it out.

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer