ADSM-L

Overland LXN2000 Library

2002-09-06 15:57:09
Subject: Overland LXN2000 Library
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 15:37:04 -0400
Anyone out there using this library on TSM5.1? We have one for a 30-day
trial/demo period and I have it connected to an AIX5.1.0.1 system. Trying to
do a DEFINE PATH gives me I/O errors:

ANR2017I Administrator WBOYER issued command: DEFINE PATH dss_test1 lxn2000
srct=server destt=library device=/dev/lb0 online=yes
ANR8300E I/O error on library LXN2000 (OP=00006C02, CC=207, KEY=FF, ASC=FF,
ASCQ=FF, SENSE=**NONE**,
Description=Device is not in a state capable of performing request).  Refer
to Appendix D in the 'Messages' manual for recommended action.
ANR8418E DEFINE PATH: An I/O error occurred while accessing library LXN2000.

I have successfully run lbtest against the /dev/lb0 device with no problems.
Library is online and ready.

I have calls into Overland and Tivoli, but thought I would try the list,
too.

TIA,
Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.