ADSM-L

Re: TDP Domino 1.1.2 with Baclient 4.2.1.20 TSM Server 5.1.1

2002-09-06 12:06:22
Subject: Re: TDP Domino 1.1.2 with Baclient 4.2.1.20 TSM Server 5.1.1
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 11:38:06 -0400
> We changed the TSM server for our Domino test machine which had the above
client
> versions from a 4.3.3 AIX TSM 4.2.1.9 server to a TSM 5.1.1 server.
> When I tried to get a connect to the TSM server the server responded that
the
> client level (API) was  downlevel. It was not possible to get a connect
at all,
> the TSM server alwas rejected the session. To get it to work I had to
install
> the 5.1.x.x baclient.

Markus,

Are you using the same NODENAME for your BA client
and TDP for Domino? If so, once you use a later version
of a client (TSM API or BA client) for a particular NODENAME,
the TSM Server requires that you use at least that version
for any future connections (whether they are BA client or TSM API)
because of the way the data is stored in the TSM Server.

It's also possible that the TDP for Domino 1.1.2 install
down-leveled your TSM API version (to 4.2.0)... and re-installing
the 5.1.x.x package put it back to a higher level.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

- Never cut what can be untied.
- Commit yourself to constant improvement.