ADSM-L

Re: Data in offsite pool that is not in onsite pool

2002-09-06 09:34:18
Subject: Re: Data in offsite pool that is not in onsite pool
From: Steve Hicks <shicks AT KUB DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 09:26:35 -0400
First off, thanks to all who responded to my e-mail. I think Ed has hit
the nail on the head here. As we haven't been cursed with hat many bad
tapes (that I'm aware of), we have had a significant amount of trouble
with our tape drives. Something I noticed while attempting to troubleshoot
this problem was that the list of tapes marked Unavailable was pretty long
(32 tapes). They are a mixture of onsite and offsite tapes. Obviously, if
TSM can't access the tape, it can't use the data on it in the reclamation
process. Last Friday I went through and did an upd vol VOLSER
access=readwrite on the tapes marked unavailable, now the list is back.
What is putting these tapes in an unavailable state? I will try the
restore vol command today and I'll report back what kind of luck I find.
Steve Hicks
CIS System Infrastructure Lead /
AIX Administrator
Knoxville Utilities Board

Charles Anderson <ceanderson AT DIS.UMSMED DOT EDU>
09/04/2002 04:54 PM