ADSM-L

Running and auditdb tomorrow, any advice

2002-09-06 03:37:30
Subject: Running and auditdb tomorrow, any advice
From: Farren Minns <fminns AT WILEY.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 08:09:08 +0100
Hi TSMers

I know I have asked simple questions before, but the only silly question is
the one not asked.

I am running TSM3738 on a Solaris 2.7 box (E250 400mhz 1GB mem). Can you
tell me if the way to run an audit is simply as follows:-

1)    Halt the server
2)    Issue the command dsmserv auditdb fix=yes

If the above syntax is correct, how can I see the progress of the job if
TSM is not running? Does anyone have much experience with this? Would it be
best to pipe the output to a file? If so, is the file likely to become
huge!?

My db is 7500 allocated and about 70% utilised. I have a 1000Mb log file
with logging set to 'normal' mode.

Any questions? Please ask. Many thanks in advance for your help.

Farren Minns - Trainee TSM and Solaris System Admin - John Wiley & sons Ltd

Our Chichester based offices are amalgamating and relocating to a new
address
from 1st September 2002

John Wiley & Sons Ltd
The Atrium
Southern Gate
Chichester
West Sussex
PO19 8SQ

Main phone and fax numbers remain the same:
Phone +44 (0)1243 779777
Fax   +44 (0)1243 775878
Direct dial numbers are unchanged

Address, phone and fax nos. for all other Wiley UK locations are unchanged