ADSM-L

ANR0444W Protocol Error - Type GroupHandler

2002-09-05 21:30:54
Subject: ANR0444W Protocol Error - Type GroupHandler
From: Diana Noble <djk AT UMICH DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 10:01:12 -0400
Hi Everyone -

We have a Windows 2000 Active Directory client running TSM 5.1 which has
started receiving the following message in the activity log:

ANR0444W Protocol error on session 11716 for node DCITCS (WinNT) -
out-of-sequence verb (type GroupHandler) received.
ANR0484W Session 11716 for node DCITCS (WinNT) terminated - protocol
violation detected.

The client scheduler log specifies an unknown system error.  I haven't been
able to find anything on "type GroupHandler".  The server is TSM 4.2.2.5
running on AIX 4.3.3.  We receive this error on both scheduled backups and
selective incremental backups.  Does anyone have any information on what
may be causing this or what "type GroupHandler" means?

Thank you,

Diana Noble