ADSM-L

query tape volume that is no longer known to TSM

2002-09-05 15:02:57
Subject: query tape volume that is no longer known to TSM
From: Michelle DeVault <adsmigmo AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 11:56:21 -0700
I think I know the answer to this question, but I'm
gonna ask it anyway.

I've got a couple of "orphaned" tapes at our off-site
facility.  They don't show up in TSM at all (q volume,
q drmedia, q volhist).  I'm assuming that they are old
database tapes that got deleted from the volhistory
before the list of tapes to return from off-site was
generated (the guy that handles this tends to wait too
long to recall stuff from off-site).

So the question is, once I get these tapes back from
off-site, is there any utility/command I can run on
them to see what is on them, just to make sure that
something else even more screwy hasn't gone on?

Thanks,
M.