ADSM-L

Re: Cross platform restores?

2002-09-02 08:01:57
Subject: Re: Cross platform restores?
From: Rafael Mendez <rafael_mendez AT STARMEDIA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 06:57:58 -0400
Hi Steve,
Although there are some tricks to do that, I do not think that practice is
acceptable. Why?, because "data is money" and, restoring data wherever you want
means, in my opinion, data "traveling" without control of its owner. (Do not
think you are the "good one", think on people attacking your data, your
network... so on.)
At tech level, that practice could cause problems in TSM server and TSM clients
and finally remember that NT file system(NTFS) are not the same type of Unix
file systems.

Just my point of view.
Rafael