ADSM-L

Re: Backups going to disk Fail without Tape drive online?

2002-08-29 13:03:41
Subject: Re: Backups going to disk Fail without Tape drive online?
From: Andy Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 12:28:38 -0400
A couple of things to check:

- Is anyone using INCLUDE statements to bind files to management classes
that go straight to tape?

- Check the RETONLY in your copygroup settings. By default, the client
will bind directories to the management class with the highest RETONLY
value. If more than one class has this high value, then the class whose
name is alphanumerically highest will be the one that is used. Maybe you
have a copygroup whose destination is tape and whose RETONLY value happens
to be the highest.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internet e-mail: storman AT us.eyebm DOT com (change eye to i to reply)

The command line is your friend.

Chris Murphy <cmurphy AT IDL.STATE.ID DOT US>
08/29/2002 09:07