ADSM-L

Re: migration - when should it happen?

2002-08-29 12:05:15
Subject: Re: migration - when should it happen?
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 17:44:58 +0200
On donderdag, augustus 29, 2002, at 04:27 , Coviello, Paul wrote:

HI I have a 2 part question.

        1.  we currently have a controlled migration that happens at
10:00
am everyday.  We have the following comand: update      stgp backuppool
highmig=1 lowmig=0 migproc=3.  We are getting complaints that the data
should stay on the disks the    whole day for restorations. I was
thinking
about pushing it out to 4:30.  And then of course we have expiration
and the
reclamations and the db backup.  So what should be the order of
these?   We
have 30gb for our backuppool.  which    leads to the second question.

how about:

upd stg backuppool highmig=0 lowmig=0 migproc=3 cache=yes

This wil keep the files on disk if possible, while still also migrating
them to tape.

        2. What command can I run to get the amount of data that was
backed
up last night?  in case we want to set it to 50 or      something.  I
just
want to be able to control this so it does not effect the backups at
night.

there were some intresting sql queries doing exactly this by selcting
the total number of bytes from the summary table. Should be found in the
mailinglist archive.

        thanks
        Paul

        Paul J Coviello
        Sr Systems Analyst
        Catholic Medical Center
        2456 Brown Ave
        Manchester, NH 03103
        603 663-5326

---
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Stichting Academisch Rekencentrum Amsterdam    http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167
PGP keys at http://home.sara.nl/~remco/keys.asc

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer
industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams