ADSM-L

Re: Monthly FAQ posting

2002-08-27 13:12:38
Subject: Re: Monthly FAQ posting
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 09:21:06 -0500
>>04-07. Latest stable versions are available at
>>http://www.tivoli.com/support/storage_mgr/adsercli.htm (I think it
>>should be better than
>>ftp://service.boulder.ibm.com/storage/tivoli-storage-
>>management/maintenance/  and you had a typo in "maintenenace" :). The
>>latest possible versions which do not undergo exhaustive testing
>>are available as patches and can be found at
>>ftp://service.boulder.ibm.com/storage/tivoli-storage-management/patches.
>>Client versions are installable and do not require previous version of
>>the client to be installed. TSM Server code and TSM for Applications
(former
>>Tivoli Data Protection products) code are updates to already installed
>>base code. The latter is available on the media (CD) recived when the
>>correspoding product was purchased.

I'm going to avoid the entire issue of "stable" releases vs. "unstable"
releases in the FAQ. Inevitably, a recommended level will blow up on
someone, and we'll get this "*You* said this would work!" pissiness on the
list. It's best to avoid this, I think. Read the APARs, and use the fixtest
patches at your own risk.

Certified TSM consultant
Certified AIX system engineer
MCSE