ADSM-L

Re: creating backupsets server to server

2002-08-26 21:24:07
Subject: Re: creating backupsets server to server
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 21:25:30 -0400
I've been playing around with it and it works just fine, BUT do not run the
reconcile volumes command. The backupset virtual volumes are not a
recognized volume type and the virtual volumes are deleted from the server,
but the backupsets on the original server are still in the database. The
volumes don't exist. Backupset are not listed in the admin books as a valid
virtual volume usage. We opened a PMR with Tivoli and were basically told,
Yep, they are not supported and if we wanted it changed it would take a
design request.

As long as you don't use the reconcile volumes command, it all works.

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.