ADSM-L

Re: Bare Metal Restore for Tivoli Storage Manager

2002-08-26 17:46:51
Subject: Re: Bare Metal Restore for Tivoli Storage Manager
From: Andy Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 17:38:05 -0400
Back on July 19, Richard Harrison wrote (in part):

While we have not yet released any product enhancements since the
acquisition (enhancements are planned, pending the outcome of the reseller
negotiations), we continue to provide technical support for BMR for TSM
and
have shipped two patches containing defect fixes. The currently available
version of BMR for TSM is 3.2.1; it supports the following platforms: AIX
4.x, 5.1; Sun Solaris 2.6, 7, 8; HP-UX 10.20, 11.0, 11i; Windows NT 4.0
Workstation, Server, Enterprise Edition, Terminal Server Edition; Windows
2000 Professional, Server, Advanced Server.  The BMR Server components run
on AIX, Solaris, and HP-UX.  TSM 5.1 and 4.2.2 both are currently not
supported.  Both have been tested and each have been found to have
blocking
defects when used with BMR for TSM 3.2.1.  We are currently sizing the
effort required to remedy these issues.
<<

If the blocking defects are with regard to Windows client APAR IC34296
(TSM CLIENT DOES NOT BACK UP BOOT.INI, NTLDR, NTDETECT.COM DURING BACKUP
OF SYSTEM OBJECTS.), then this problem has been fixed in patches 4.2.2.8
and 5.1.1.3. Refer to my post of August 23, 2002, for more info:
http://msgs.adsm.org/cgi-bin/get/adsm0208/931.html

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internet e-mail: storman AT us.eyebm DOT com (change eye to i to reply)

The command line is your friend.