ADSM-L

Re: 3494 on MVS vs AIX

2002-08-26 14:00:19
Subject: Re: 3494 on MVS vs AIX
From: Reiss David IT751 <david.reiss AT SIEMENS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 14:02:25 -0400
You could use mtlib and write a script fragment like:

                  while [ 1 -eq 1 ]; do
                    MTFULL=`mtlib -l $MTLIB -qL|grep full`
                    if [ -z "$MTFULL" ]; then break; fi
                    echo `date +"%D %T"`" <Eject_tape - All output stations
full>"
                    echo `date +"%D %T"`" <Eject_tape - All output stations
full>" >> /adsm_logs/tapeeject.log
                    sleep 120
                  done

And when it detects the output stations are full, have it e-mail unstead of
just displaying a message.

David N. Reiss
TSM Support Engineer
david.reiss AT swpc.siemens DOT com