ADSM-L

Re: Backup of 300 GB Data within 12 Hours

2002-08-26 12:27:12
Subject: Re: Backup of 300 GB Data within 12 Hours
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 09:00:10 -0500
Depends -- what's the TSM server, what is the client, how many files, how
big each, all that rot.

I do a 650+ GB SAP/R3 database in 2 hours 40 minutes. TSM and SAP on RS/6000
systems (660-6M1 now, was S7A two weeks ago). All disk is IBM ESS and the
backups run over two dedicated Gigabit ethernet networks to four IBM LTO
tape drives. No compression on the client. The restore runs in about 5
hours. The files average about 10 MB each, as TSM sees them (1.6 GB objects,
six-way multiplexing).

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc