ADSM-L

Re: Script for paging

2002-08-24 11:04:49
Subject: Re: Script for paging
From: Jin Bae Chi <Jbaechi AT CSCC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 11:07:15 -0400
Thanks, Frank. You saved my job!! I didn't try it yet, but I am sure it
should work. Thanks much!! God bless!!

Jin Bae Chi (Gus)
Data Center
614-287-2496
614-287-5488 Fax
e-mail: jbaechi AT cscc DOT edu

>>> Frank.MauroJr AT LIBERTYMUTUAL DOT COM 08/23/02 05:43PM >>>
The following scripts pages you if the server is down; it does not
page
you if the server is hung because the command hangs.

#!/bin/ksh

NOTIFICATION=TSM not responding on goko'

ADSMCM=$(dsmadmc -id=xxxx -pa=xxxx query db)

RC=$?

if [ ${RC} != 0 ] ; then

   print -- "$NOTIFICATION" | mail -s "TSM/goko not responding"
1234567 AT skytel DOT com
else

exit ${RC}

fi

exit ${RC}

This command lets you know if all you tape drives are down:

#!/bin/ksh

adsmcmd=$(dsmadmc -id=xxxx -pa=xxxx query db)

RC=$?

if [ ${RC} != 0 ] ; then

        exit

else

Tapedrives=''

TapedrivesMagstar='0'

dsmadmc -id=xxxx -pa=xxxx q drive | grep ADAM | grep Yes | \

while read line

do

        (( TapedrivesMagstar = TapedrivesMagstar + 1 ))

done

if  [ ${TapedrivesMagstar} = 0 ]; then

        Tapedriveproblem="There are no tape drives available on goko"

        print -- "$Tapedriveproblem" | mail -s "There are no tape
drives
available on goko" 7593127 AT skytel DOT com

fi

fi