ADSM-L

Re: error 2003

2002-08-23 13:03:15
Subject: Re: error 2003
From: Andy Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 09:56:31 -0400
Hello Paul,

MySql has not been tested with the ODBC driver, so it falls under the
category of "unsupported application". Though in theory, the ODBC driver
should work with any ODBC application, I have no experience with MySql.

I would recommend the following course of action:

1) If you have not already installed patch level 5.1.1.1, try it and see
if it makes any difference.

2) If MySql still fails, then first verify that you can connect with a
supported application: Lotus Approach, Microsoft Access, MS Query
(msqry32.exe), etc. This should validate your ODBC driver configuration.

3) If you are still having trouble, review the
"Troubleshooting/Diagnostics" section of the ODBC driver README file for
further advice and direction. While MySql is not "officially" supported,
you can still report the problem to IBM, and I will work with you and
support to try and identify the trouble.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internet e-mail: storman AT us.eyebm DOT com (change eye to i to reply)

The command line is your friend.

"Kolling, Paul" <Paul.Kolling AT IZB DOT DE>
08/23/2002 04:37